Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing Contacts

Is there any workaround for contact sharing between Family sharing members? My partner organizes and compiles all of our personal contacts. Today, an important health related contact that my partner added to their contacts was not available to me. In an emergency this could have had serious implications due to my health issues.

1. I know it is not a feature, but why not? An opt in from all parties would be easy enough.
  2. Can I create a apple ID for contacts only so they will be synced between my partner and I?

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 9:04 AM

Contacts are either stored in iCloud through the iCloud account, or on an email account.

You can add the email account that holds the contacts to get only the contacts.

On an iOS device: Settings->Contacts->Accounts->Add Account

On a Mac: Contacts App->Contacts Menu->Accounts->Add Account.

You can then turn off the switches for everything but contacts for that account.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2022 9:04 AM in response to jaibo239

Contacts are either stored in iCloud through the iCloud account, or on an email account.

You can add the email account that holds the contacts to get only the contacts.

On an iOS device: Settings->Contacts->Accounts->Add Account

On a Mac: Contacts App->Contacts Menu->Accounts->Add Account.

You can then turn off the switches for everything but contacts for that account.

Family Sharing Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.