Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update MacOS to allow successful download of Microsoft Office

Need to find how to update MacOS to compatible version to allow successful installation and no restrictions with installing apps or programs (**At present the current operating system version will not allow me to install the MICROSOFT OFFICE 365 package downloaded via the Microsoft website and available installation from paid subscription.

The issue relates to the following Apple product - purchased online via e-bay as a second hand/refurbished unit (unfortunately you don't always get what is advertised or paid for here in when purchasing restricted to within Australia with Covid-19 & International Border Restrictions).

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac mini

Model Identifier: Macmini3,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MM31.00AD.B00

SMC Version (system): 1.35f1

Serial Number (system): YM***9G6

Hardware UUID: CB78586F-1AF0-5258-BBAB-409636776434

DOES ANYONE KNOW A SOLUTION OR SHOULD I JUST CONTACT APPLE TECHNICAL SUPPORT DIRECTLY?? Urgently needing this issue resolved as it is interfering with job applications and video conferencing etc.

Please help BECK... ??

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Mac mini, OS X 10.11

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 10:27 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 17, 2022 10:38 AM in response to Niel

Thank you so much for your prompt and short but sweet reply - only new to using Apple Computers & Software after my laptop which was obviously using the typical Windows Operating System, required an update (as they do) and upon downloading the update a virus must of come through and completely disabled the HD.

Was convinced about 2 years ago by a mate at work to try using an Apple Mobile that the design and user-friendly type software design and excellent security was worth a go and haven't regretted the change.

Again, many thanks.. :)

Beck from Downunder

Update MacOS to allow successful download of Microsoft Office

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.