Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV won't stop buffering

Hello - I have an Apple TV I got in early 2019. It worked fine until I recently upgraded my home internet. The main screen content loads after some delays. A video will start streaming after a few minutes, then crash. The individual apps (Netflix, Hulu, Peacock) have all presented "you are having buffering problem" error messages.

Here are all the fixes I've tried and questions I've tried to answer after searching the forums:

1. I've tested the Wifi speed in the room. From my iPhone it is 190MBS download and 100MBS upload.
  2. Streaming video works fine on my iPad or iPhone in the same room using the same Wifi network.
  3. The TV is an older model and 720HD so I don't think it's trying to broadcast at an unachievable high format.
  4. I've rebooted the Apple TV more times than I can count.
  5. I restored it to factory settings and reinstalled everything...still the same problem.

Is there anything else I can try? Or is it time for a new one? Thanks for any help!

Apple TV HD, tvOS 15

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 2:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 3:02 PM

Please do the following:

1. Unplug your modem from its power source for 2-3 minutes and Restart Modem.
  2. Unplug your router from its power source for 2-3 minutes and Restart router.
  3. Unplug Apple TV from Power for 2-3 minutes – re-plug in and retest. 
3 replies

Apple TV won't stop buffering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.