Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After migrating from my PC to MacBook Pro I have two users.

I migrated my information from my PC to my Mac Book Pro and I have two user ID’s now. How do I fix this?

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 2:46 PM

There're two ways.

One is to copy all the files from the "other" user to the user you want to keep. You can open a Finger window, the choose new Finder window from the file menu, arrange them side-by side, and drag files window-to-window.

Be sure to keep the old account around for at least a week to be sure you got everything before removing it,

The other is to promote the "other" user to be an Admin user, and use it as your daily use Account.

DON'T change the name of a MacOS account. Users who do this often end up locked out of their computer and lose all their files. Create new account with the name you want and copy your files to it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2022 2:46 PM in response to Tink2run

There're two ways.

One is to copy all the files from the "other" user to the user you want to keep. You can open a Finger window, the choose new Finder window from the file menu, arrange them side-by side, and drag files window-to-window.

Be sure to keep the old account around for at least a week to be sure you got everything before removing it,

The other is to promote the "other" user to be an Admin user, and use it as your daily use Account.

DON'T change the name of a MacOS account. Users who do this often end up locked out of their computer and lose all their files. Create new account with the name you want and copy your files to it.

After migrating from my PC to MacBook Pro I have two users.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.