Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SD card readers problems

I used to use an SD Apple Card reader on both an iPad and also various iPhones. I just plugged in the sd loaded reader and the iPad/iPhone would automatically give me a couple of easy options. I haven’t managed Tod this for a while even with my new iPhone 12 and iPad Pro. Ive tried a couple of ideas on choline’s but no luck. I’ve also tried on another new iPad Pro. Still no joy. I think it all changed when around iOS14 . I’m completely up to date now with iOS 15:02:01 . Still no joy.

it’s very frustrating as I now have to put the sd card into a full on computer to make it work. It was one of the reasons I kept with iPads as it was so simple for uploading and editing.

does any one have any ideas?

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 3:34 PM

With introduction of iPadOS the import photos prompt doesn’t now occur. Instead, you should be able to simply import using the native Files App.

More info here (link updated):

Import photos and videos to iPad - Apple Support

2 replies

SD card readers problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.