Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Driver for HP LaserJet Pro M1132 MFP

I can't use my old printer with a new MacBook Pro (Mac OS Monterey version 12.2.1), because neither Hewlett Packard nor Apple has a driver for my printer. HP Printer Drivers 5.1 is not compatible with macOS v12 and newer.

What should I do? Please don't suggest buying a new printer.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 3:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 9:58 AM

Hi,

Have you also tried the Apple download at HP 5.1.1 Printer Software Update? It should be noted that the System Requirements for the HP 5.1.1 Printer Software Update from Apple say Not compatible with macOS v12 and newer, but at least one report (about an HP LaserJet P1005) mentioned successful use with macOS 12.1. So, something like the HP LaserJet Professional M1130 MFP Series driver (version 1.8) could perhaps be worth a try anyway. However, it may not work/install at all. Look upon this as an experiment only. Make sure that you have backup copies of all important files (documents, photos, et cetera) before testing anything.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2022 9:58 AM in response to SERGI0

Hi,

Have you also tried the Apple download at HP 5.1.1 Printer Software Update? It should be noted that the System Requirements for the HP 5.1.1 Printer Software Update from Apple say Not compatible with macOS v12 and newer, but at least one report (about an HP LaserJet P1005) mentioned successful use with macOS 12.1. So, something like the HP LaserJet Professional M1130 MFP Series driver (version 1.8) could perhaps be worth a try anyway. However, it may not work/install at all. Look upon this as an experiment only. Make sure that you have backup copies of all important files (documents, photos, et cetera) before testing anything.

Feb 18, 2022 5:55 AM in response to SERGI0

SERGI0 wrote:

I can't use my old printer with a new MacBook Pro (Mac OS Monterey version 12.2.1), because neither Hewlett Packard nor Apple has a driver for my printer. HP Printer Drivers 5.1 is not compatible with macOS v12 and newer.
What should I do? Please don't suggest buying a new printer.

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/4eb7fa23-ce53-4646-9a89-3d57ca08cf49

If you can't find an updated driver for your printer give the open-source, free Gutenprint driver a try.

http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/MacOSX.php

Driver for HP LaserJet Pro M1132 MFP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.