Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double and triple spacing randomly

Has anyone found a solution for MacBook Pro putting in random double and triple spacing between words? I've made some adjustments to the keyboard and it still seems to be doing it as you can see in this paragraph. It's driving me nuts. I'm considering going back to PC as this has never happened to me with a PC. I turned off the key repeat as that worked for someone and also unchecked the add period after double space. Nothing seems to be working and it's super frustrating. Please HELP! 😭🏳

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 6:04 PM

torrijacs wrote:

Has anyone found a solution for MacBook Pro putting in random double and triple spacing between words? I've made some adjustments to the keyboard and it still seems to be doing it as you can see in this paragraph. It's driving me nuts. I'm considering going back to PC as this has never happened to me with a PC. I turned off the key repeat as that worked for someone and also unchecked the add period after double space. Nothing seems to be working and it's super frustrating. Please HELP! 😭🏳

See if you qualify:

Keyboard Service Program for MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro - Apple Support

How to clean the keyboard of your MacBook or MacBook Pro - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2022 6:04 PM in response to torrijacs

torrijacs wrote:

See if you qualify:

Keyboard Service Program for MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro - Apple Support

How to clean the keyboard of your MacBook or MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Double and triple spacing randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.