Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro when starting is stuck on the logo and progress bar, and doesn't go any further

my macbook pro ( pretty old ) is frozen on the logo and progress bar during start up. I have tried to hold the command and R together once started, also continue holding the power button down. Any other options I should try doing at home before taking the device in to someone?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 1:48 AM

With computer Off and no external drives attached power up and Immediately hold the SHIFT key. Keep holding until the Apple Logo appears and then release.

This is Safe Mode and will attempt to do a Repair Disk, clear cache files and Only load Apple software, extensions and fonts. It will load very slowly - normal.

If this does not work and the same issue outline persists >> If your Mac starts up to an Apple logo or progress bar

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2022 1:48 AM in response to cmacbook

With computer Off and no external drives attached power up and Immediately hold the SHIFT key. Keep holding until the Apple Logo appears and then release.

This is Safe Mode and will attempt to do a Repair Disk, clear cache files and Only load Apple software, extensions and fonts. It will load very slowly - normal.

If this does not work and the same issue outline persists >> If your Mac starts up to an Apple logo or progress bar

macbook pro when starting is stuck on the logo and progress bar, and doesn't go any further

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.