Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes not updating tags in song view even though song info reflects changes

Hello,

I updated some tags using KeywordsToGenre.vbs by tt2. I also tried this on another song updating the tag manually in Song Info. The new tag I updated, Genre, does not reflect the change when I view the song in song view. It still displays the old information, even if I update the tag by clicking song info or using UpdateTagInfo.vbs, also by tt2.

The strange thing is that if I look at the Song Info, the updated information is displayed. The same goes for when I import it into MP3Tag, the new information is displayed. It is very strange. I even restarted iTunes, and the changes are not reflected.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 6:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 6:35 PM

The first thing that comes to mind is the multiple tags in MP3 files issue discussed in Repair security permissions for iTunes for Windows - Apple Community.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 11, 2022 7:35 AM in response to esumsea

So I tried to replicate this and it did not happen again. It was a weird occurrence. The files were changing so it did not have anything to do with permissions. Like I reported, the song info section of itunes reflected the change, it was just the column browser that lagged. I will continue to try to replicate this and if it happens again I will take note to see if the column browser updates eventually.

iTunes not updating tags in song view even though song info reflects changes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.