Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to see messages from one contact in my message feed and do not receive message notifications when they text me

One of my contacts, which is a business contact, does whose messages do not show up on my message feed nor notifications. There is a bubble with her initials at the top of the message feeds, which I can click on and see her messages. I tried deleting the contact and reinstalling it; Checking to make sure that the contact was not blocked, rebooting my phone, and checking messages in settings for privacy settings. I give up! Please help!

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 7:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 1:29 PM

After three days of searching the Internet, was an able to find a solution to one of my contacts not showing up in my message feed. I tried rebooting, removing and adding contact, checking to see if blocked from other posts to no avail. I noticed there were three dots at the top of the message page, and when I clicked on them, it option for “pin” came up which had a yellow thumbtack appear by each message in my feed. When I clicked on the pin from a contact in my message feed, immediately his texts in the feed were gone and now located in a bubble at the top of message feeds with his initials in the bubble. I found this interesting since I had never used it, but when I looked at my message feed saw there were three people with bubbles at the top. I assumed they were suggested contacts. When I clicked on the contact that I was having trouble receiving in my message feed, holding down on the bubble, and an option came up to “unpin” which I selected. The bubble left, and the messages suddenly appeared as they should in my message feed. (Note: if their contact info page comes up go out and hold the button down to get “unpin” option.) Hope this helps somebody else that is at their wits end like I was!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2022 1:29 PM in response to Deb1222

After three days of searching the Internet, was an able to find a solution to one of my contacts not showing up in my message feed. I tried rebooting, removing and adding contact, checking to see if blocked from other posts to no avail. I noticed there were three dots at the top of the message page, and when I clicked on them, it option for “pin” came up which had a yellow thumbtack appear by each message in my feed. When I clicked on the pin from a contact in my message feed, immediately his texts in the feed were gone and now located in a bubble at the top of message feeds with his initials in the bubble. I found this interesting since I had never used it, but when I looked at my message feed saw there were three people with bubbles at the top. I assumed they were suggested contacts. When I clicked on the contact that I was having trouble receiving in my message feed, holding down on the bubble, and an option came up to “unpin” which I selected. The bubble left, and the messages suddenly appeared as they should in my message feed. (Note: if their contact info page comes up go out and hold the button down to get “unpin” option.) Hope this helps somebody else that is at their wits end like I was!

unable to see messages from one contact in my message feed and do not receive message notifications when they text me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.