Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charge iPhone/iPad with MacBook

I don’t have lots of chargers so I often use my MacBook Pro to charge my iPhones and iPad. Is it safe to do this? Will the battery be harmed by doing this?

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 5:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 5:27 AM

M-P-NaCl wrote:

I don’t have lots of chargers so I often use my MacBook Pro to charge my iPhones and iPad. Is it safe to do this? Will the battery be harmed by doing this?

With your iDevice connected to the Mac with the USBC cord it is fine—yes it will charge the iPhone with out damage to either.

You can use Apple USB power adapters for iPad and Mac notebooks to charge iPhone, iPod, Apple Watch, AirPods, and other Apple products.

Connect iPhone and your computer with a cable - Apple Support

Charge your iPhone with an iPad or Mac notebook power ...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2022 5:27 AM in response to M-P-NaCl

M-P-NaCl wrote:

With your iDevice connected to the Mac with the USBC cord it is fine—yes it will charge the iPhone with out damage to either.

You can use Apple USB power adapters for iPad and Mac notebooks to charge iPhone, iPod, Apple Watch, AirPods, and other Apple products.

Connect iPhone and your computer with a cable - Apple Support

Charge your iPhone with an iPad or Mac notebook power ...

Charge iPhone/iPad with MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.