Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incoming text messages do not make it to my iPhone 13 Pro

I recently got an iPhone 13 pro. My old phone was a Pixel 3 XL. Since switching, many of the incoming text messages I get from android users go to my old pixel, but not to the iPhone. When I send texts to these ppl with the iPhone, the recipients get the message, but their reply does not make it to my iPhone. Please help!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 11:35 AM

Searching a bit, was RCS activated on the Pixel? Have you turned it off?

https://www.igeeksblog.com/iphone-not-receiving-texts-from-android/

7 replies

Feb 18, 2022 11:56 AM in response to jTOtheULIA

Since they are not getting to the iPhone, it's either something on the Android side, with the carrier specifically or the way they are sending the messages from the other Android devices.

There's not much that can be done from the iPhone side, since it does not get involved until it gets the messages. Before that it has no way of determining or affecting what gets sent to the number.

You may need to check with your carrier, if nothing on the Android side works.

Feb 18, 2022 10:34 AM in response to jTOtheULIA

Have you activated cell service on the new iPhone? If so, did you move the SIM card from the Pixel to the iPhone? Or did you have your service transferred by your carrier to the iPhone?

If you have switched your service over, not sure if Google does this, but they may be sending messages to your Google Account rather than to your actual phone number as an SMS, so they won't be received by your iPhone if that's the case.

Incoming text messages do not make it to my iPhone 13 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.