Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

not all contacts appear in All Contacts

Question - not all my contacts appear when you view All Contacts, not on my iPhone 12 Pro Max and not even in iCloud, but if I type a name in the Search bar the contact will appear as if they were there all along (just not visible).

Background: I recently switched from Android to iPhone and used the Move to iOS app to try and transfer my data from Android to my iPhone. Well, it kept timing out so I ended up doing it multiple times. End result is I finally gave up since I saw Contacts and other data did transfer. As I've gone thru looking for certain contacts though, they simply don't appear on the list as described previously.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 10:53 AM

You might have a group of contacts hidden. This might happen if you have multiple contacts accounts on your iPhone. ex: iCloud and Google. if you want to unhide a group, go to your contacts list, then tap on groups in the top left, then make sure all the groups have a checkmark.

2 replies

Feb 18, 2022 3:23 PM in response to MrTech_123

Thank you for your suggestion; however, I didn't have any groups established when I realized issue of missing contacts. I later created Groups in hopes I was able to add the unlisted contact (ones that only appear when I search) to the newly-created groups and then they'd appear in the All Contacts list - didn't work either - they do show in Group when viewing on iCloud, but they still do not show up in the static All Contacts list. I also checked the different accounts and they were checked.

not all contacts appear in All Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.