Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where does screen recorder save files?

Once the screen recorder on the Mac has created the file it sits on the desktop. If you right click you see two options: delete or close. Where does the file get saved if you close it. I can't find it anywhere.

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 4:26 AM

arpron1 wrote:

Once the screen recorder on the Mac has created the file it sits on the desktop. If you right click you see two options: delete or close. Where does the file get saved if you close it. I can't find it anywhere.

" Once the screen recorder on the Mac has created the file it sits on the desktop "

That basically one has answered the question.

Normally, once a Screen Shot or Screen Recovering is completed - the file will appear on the Desktop once the Screen Recording process is closed.

How to record the screen on your Mac

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2022 4:26 AM in response to arpron1

arpron1 wrote:

" Once the screen recorder on the Mac has created the file it sits on the desktop "

That basically one has answered the question.

Normally, once a Screen Shot or Screen Recovering is completed - the file will appear on the Desktop once the Screen Recording process is closed.

How to record the screen on your Mac

Where does screen recorder save files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.