Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t download Spotify on iPhone 6 plus

My usual phone is a crappy android from Walmart and I was getting sick of using it, so my girlfriend gave me her old iPhone, the 6 plus. I pay for Spotify for both of us and if I can’t use it on this iPhone, I don’t want it. Is there anyway of downloading an older version of Spotify, since the current one on the AppStore doesn’t support this phone?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 9:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 9:14 PM

Spotify has made the decision that its app will work on iOS versions 13 or higher. This also means that the Spotify will not work on your iPhone 6 Plus. This is because the highest iOS version that can be installed on an iPhone 6 Plus is iOS 12.5.x. Nothing higher. There are hardware limitations on the iPhone 6 and older and therefore will not run higher versions of the iOS.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2022 9:14 PM in response to VALIANT_HEARTS

Spotify has made the decision that its app will work on iOS versions 13 or higher. This also means that the Spotify will not work on your iPhone 6 Plus. This is because the highest iOS version that can be installed on an iPhone 6 Plus is iOS 12.5.x. Nothing higher. There are hardware limitations on the iPhone 6 and older and therefore will not run higher versions of the iOS.

Axel F.

I can’t download Spotify on iPhone 6 plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.