Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad problems

When my iPad (7th Generation) became very sluggish I decided on a factory reset. I backed up to iCloud using my iPhone 11.

When I installed from iCloud (which I have done before) nothing was the same, different wallpaper, icons not in folders etc. reluctantly I started again. On this attempt some of my icons where in the folders I had created, the rest where scattered about, my wallpaper was my own. I am now finding that apps won’t accept my passwords even though I know they are correct, if I shut down my iPad one app won’t work unless I reinstall it. If I install a new program the icon doesn’t appear on the desktop but does appear in the recently downloaded apps folder as well as the apps library.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

iPad

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 1:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 1:52 AM

Hi MPD,

I just did a factory reset and reinstall backup from iCloud. This was on my iPhone but it should be applicable. Here’s one experience I had:

-Biometrics no longer work for apps. Saved passwords were not populating. So You may have to manually enter credentials then re-engage biometric in these apps.

-A Home device lost connection to my iPhone.

It took some doing to get it back to exactly the way it was.

Read this very good Apple Support document for more:

About missing information after you restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iCloud Backup - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2022 1:52 AM in response to mpdsbx

Hi MPD,

I just did a factory reset and reinstall backup from iCloud. This was on my iPhone but it should be applicable. Here’s one experience I had:

-Biometrics no longer work for apps. Saved passwords were not populating. So You may have to manually enter credentials then re-engage biometric in these apps.

-A Home device lost connection to my iPhone.

It took some doing to get it back to exactly the way it was.

Read this very good Apple Support document for more:

About missing information after you restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iCloud Backup - Apple Support

iPad problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.