Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Normal or Not: For Verification purposes, Apple asks for your Device Code

Hi,

While signing in with your Apple ID to restore an iPhone, is it normal that the unlock codes of your other devices is asked by iCloud or Apple for Verification? 

This is in addition to the normal Two-factor authentication, where a random, verification code is sent to your trusted device and is used to authenticate logging in.

What was asked was the Passcode that Unlocks a Trusted Device.

This has happened twice or thrice as I am trying to restore one of my iPhones. I just wanted to clarify and verify if that procedure is normal because it seems a bit off and strange.

I would appreciate your take on this.

Thank you

iPhone X

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 3:29 AM

2 replies

Feb 20, 2022 4:23 AM in response to FoxFifth

Thanks for your reply and its good to know additional safety procedures are done. It would even be better if Apple publishes some guide so their clients don't get blamed when additional safety procedures are imposed.

However, its inconsistent as Ive been trying to restore my iPhone several times and have been asked the passcode of the other devices 2-3 times only.

Again, thanks

Normal or Not: For Verification purposes, Apple asks for your Device Code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.