Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

import photos to shared album

I have a a lot of photos in dated folders but the photo files don't have the original dates so im trying to import the whole folder (with folders in it) to a shared album, while keeping the same file structure. I have imported the folders and photos fine into an album but now the photos app won't let me make it a shared album. Any help appreciated.

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 5:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 6:23 AM

Shared albums cannot have subfolders. They are having a flat structure. You have to share each album as a separate shared album. You can have up to 200 shared albums.

• Open one of your new albums.
  • Select all photos in the album with the shortcut ⌘A
  • Click the "Share" button ⇧ and then select to share the photos to a new shared album. Name the new album like the album you want to share.

You may not be able to share all albums all at once, because there are hourly and daily upload limits, see: My Photo Stream and Shared Albums limits - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2022 6:23 AM in response to Bashwy

Shared albums cannot have subfolders. They are having a flat structure. You have to share each album as a separate shared album. You can have up to 200 shared albums.

• Open one of your new albums.
  • Select all photos in the album with the shortcut ⌘A
  • Click the "Share" button ⇧ and then select to share the photos to a new shared album. Name the new album like the album you want to share.

You may not be able to share all albums all at once, because there are hourly and daily upload limits, see: My Photo Stream and Shared Albums limits - Apple Support

import photos to shared album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.