Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is all my music?!

After upgrading to iPhone 13, I've discovered that 75% of my music has just vanished. We're talking music pulled from actual CDs via iTunes on the PC as well as music I KNOW was purchased from iTunes from my phone years ago.

Where is it?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 7:36 AM

Where it should be is on a computer and backed up to another drive for security. See Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support and Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support to recover any purchases that might have been hidden. As for ripped media copied into your iTunes library and transferred to a device it is up to you to keep and maintain that content. Unless you have a subscription to Apple Music or iTunes Match your ripped tracks and purchases from other vendors aren't associated with your Apple ID in any way.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2022 7:36 AM in response to wassup_nola

Where it should be is on a computer and backed up to another drive for security. See Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support and Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support to recover any purchases that might have been hidden. As for ripped media copied into your iTunes library and transferred to a device it is up to you to keep and maintain that content. Unless you have a subscription to Apple Music or iTunes Match your ripped tracks and purchases from other vendors aren't associated with your Apple ID in any way.

tt2

Where is all my music?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.