Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro Reset by itself

I have an iPhone 12Pro.

this afternoon when I bring out from my pocket and it appears “hello”. Called to Apple support service representative. They mentioned 2 possible reason

1) Using iCloud and remote reset

2) I on the iPhone auto erase after 10 wrong passcode key in.

Both possible way is not happens to me Funny part is they are unable to help to retrieve my data.If today I lost my phone and I did not do backup then it was my problems. But now I didn’t lost my phone and my data are deleted. Can’t believe that Apple slogan of Data Privacy is to delete my data...

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 8:25 AM

Then restore the iPhone from your latest backup. If you do not have a backup to restore your data, that is on you. The time to do backups is before you experience a problem. Apple does not backup your phone and cannot retrieve your data. They don't have it. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2022 8:25 AM in response to Xiao Qin

Then restore the iPhone from your latest backup. If you do not have a backup to restore your data, that is on you. The time to do backups is before you experience a problem. Apple does not backup your phone and cannot retrieve your data. They don't have it. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Mar 2, 2022 2:30 PM in response to Xiao Qin

You're welcome. Understand, if you are using a phone that has a company profile on it, I would not be storing any personal information on it. Anything you put on that device is accessible to your employer, including your personal email account. If your work is providing you with the phone and set it up with a profile, then I would suggest using a different device for your personal use.

iPhone 12 Pro Reset by itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.