Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why apple needs to lock your phone and force you to erase it after trying the passcode couple of times.

Why apple needs to lock your phone and force you to erase it after trying the passcode couple of times. I am on my way to lose 120 gb of datas on my iphone.... i did not make have time to make any backup. As owner of my phone i should be notice before they make any action...In case of any lost i can call apple or go to icloud to declare it as stolen or lost. Please i would like to know if possible to decrypt my datas its important for me.

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 10:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 10:21 PM

1. To prevent people from accessing your data without your permission. The owner is supposed to back it up.

2. No, it isn't.

(226551)

1 reply

Why apple needs to lock your phone and force you to erase it after trying the passcode couple of times.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.