Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

group message

group massage is not working in my phone. it just sent as independent message and I can not get group message from others.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 8:36 AM

If you are using a Group Message that contains both iOS and non-iOS uses, then you may not see group responses from the non-iOS users. That is a fault of SMS, which is what the message becomes if there are mixed users. See this support document and the section Group SMS. Send a group text message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2022 8:36 AM in response to jiyun209

If you are using a Group Message that contains both iOS and non-iOS uses, then you may not see group responses from the non-iOS users. That is a fault of SMS, which is what the message becomes if there are mixed users. See this support document and the section Group SMS. Send a group text message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Feb 24, 2022 10:08 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

My husband and I both have an XR. He can see and respond to the group message, while I can see the messages come in as individual messages. If I respond I am only responding to a single person, not the group. Our settings are the same. I've checked privacy settings as well. What do I need to do to have the same experience as him since we have the same phone?

group message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.