Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with AT&T Mobile Passpoint on iPhone 8, X, 12, and 13

I know this is an obscure one, so here goes:

-when I had my iphone 8, AT&T offered a Mobile Passpoint, you install some sort of wifi profile, or security certificate on your phone, allowing it to auto-join over 100,000 mobile AT&T wifi hotspots around the globe, in malls, airports, etc. it worked OK at best. I thought I had deleted this from my iphone 8. I deleted the app, then I forgot about it and have since gotten 3 new iphones over past 5 yrs. I currently have Iphone 13 pro. I still see my phone trying to auto-join the AT&T mobile passpoints, unsuccessfully of course. I dont even have AT&T anymore , I have Firstnet. I deleted all AT&T Apps, but this error follows me through iphones.

I do not see any 'profiles' in my settings. I go to General, but I dont see any profile section. I have called AT&T and Apple. Someone at Apple support told me likely this mobile passpoint profile is still 'hiding' in my user profile of my icloud somehow.

I do not want to manually delete and wipe my iPhone, if possible, because im a traveling ER doctor and I have about 20 two-factor-authentication apps and connections to various hospital that allow electronic narcotic prescribing in multiple states. It would take me hours and hours and hours to reset all of these connections on the hospital level. I know reinstalling apps and restoring iphotos doesnt take long.

Is there ANY wifi gurus out there that can help? is this a patch that AT&T would need to release? I have made a 'ticket' with them....they are notoriously less skilled than the engineers at Apple!

Please help!! I know I cant be the only person out there with this issue!!!

***update, I have already gone into VPN/Device management, and I dont see any profiles at all there. I have already also gone to the wifi networks themselves, and de-selected 'autojoin', but this doesnt work, it keeps autojoining them***

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 12:41 PM

Go to Settings/General/VPN & Device Management (it’s been renamed from Profiles) to look for the profile and delete it if you find it.

Then go to Settings/Wi-Fi and tap on the i next to the AT&T Wi-Fi and tap Forget This network. Also turn off Settings/Wi-Fi/Ask to join networks.

Similar questions

1 reply

Problems with AT&T Mobile Passpoint on iPhone 8, X, 12, and 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.