Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Immediatey after updating to iOS 12.4, my iPhone constantly asks to trust my computer when connected

Though it might not be possible, I'm trying to avoid resetting my "Location & Privacy" settings on my iPhone in order to fix this issue.

Immediately after I updated my iPhone 7 to the latest iOS 12.4, it now asks me to hit Trust every single time I connect my iPhone to my iMac.

I'm aware that I may have no choice but to reset Location & Privacy, but I'm really trying to avoid that because that means there will be a lot of settings that I care about that I'll have to manually restore.

And that sounds like a hassle.

Is there any way to fix this issue WITHOUT resetting my Location and Privacy settings?

And if I do have to go that route, can anyone recommend the best way to make note of the settings that will be lost after the reset so I can get it all back in order afterwards?

Thanks for any help.

This never happened until updating from iOS 12.3.2 to 12.4 and is super annoying.

iPhone 7

Posted on Aug 21, 2019 3:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 8:45 PM

So knowing trust is about security and that the release of 12.4.1 was a security update, I crossed my fingers and updated to 12.4.1 hoping that would solve it.

As of now, it sure seems to have done the trick.

I THINK I did get asked to Trust twice after the update, but it's been 2 days now and it hasn't asked me since despite reconnected to my iMac all of the time.

So I have high hopes that 12.4.1 fixed the issue.

After searching out alllll the settings across tons and tons of apps that a trust settings reset would have wiped out, I really didn't want to go that route and had figured I'd wait to see if iOS 13 fixed it.

Happy the fix came even earlier than that.

Hope others find this useful.

Cheers

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2019 8:45 PM in response to DigitalDuderino

So knowing trust is about security and that the release of 12.4.1 was a security update, I crossed my fingers and updated to 12.4.1 hoping that would solve it.

As of now, it sure seems to have done the trick.

I THINK I did get asked to Trust twice after the update, but it's been 2 days now and it hasn't asked me since despite reconnected to my iMac all of the time.

So I have high hopes that 12.4.1 fixed the issue.

After searching out alllll the settings across tons and tons of apps that a trust settings reset would have wiped out, I really didn't want to go that route and had figured I'd wait to see if iOS 13 fixed it.

Happy the fix came even earlier than that.

Hope others find this useful.

Cheers

Aug 21, 2019 3:56 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thank you much for the reply.

So I am actually realizing that I still have iTunes 12.6.2 specifically because that's the last version where you can still access the App Store from within iTunes and take care of some iPhone app management when something goes awry like a new version of an app that causes problems and iTunes is the only way to roll it back to a previous version.

I am indeed wondering if just updating to the latest iTunes (and giving up the iTunes app store and sync features for good) is precisely why this conflict is happening.

Of course it would stink to update to the latest iTunes to attempt to fix this and have that not be the answer.

I did actually try the "Reset Warnings" method within my 12.6.2 version of iTunes, but it didn't fix the issue.

Immediatey after updating to iOS 12.4, my iPhone constantly asks to trust my computer when connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.