Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I reinstalled macOS Big Sur, the window popped out asking to select the disk where you want to install macOS. But there is no option to select. What should I do?

I needed to reset my Mac to the factory condition and restart everything. After I erased disk and ready for install macOS Big Sur, the window popped out asking for selecting a disk to install macOS, but no option is shown. I got stuck. What can I do? Thank you!

iMac 27″, 11.6

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 4:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 6:16 PM

If this is an Intel Mac, then you need to erase the whole physical drive as GUID partition and APFS (top option). Within Disk Utility you may need to click "View" and select "Show All Devices" so that the physical drive appears on the left pane of Disk Utility.

If you have an M1 Mac, then see the "Erase and reinstall macOS" section of this Apple article:

Use macOS Recovery on a Mac with Apple silicon - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2022 6:16 PM in response to Sherrystar

If this is an Intel Mac, then you need to erase the whole physical drive as GUID partition and APFS (top option). Within Disk Utility you may need to click "View" and select "Show All Devices" so that the physical drive appears on the left pane of Disk Utility.

If you have an M1 Mac, then see the "Erase and reinstall macOS" section of this Apple article:

Use macOS Recovery on a Mac with Apple silicon - Apple Support

When I reinstalled macOS Big Sur, the window popped out asking to select the disk where you want to install macOS. But there is no option to select. What should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.