Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Report an Incident - Apple Maps

Hello

Since yesterday they report an incident icon on apple maps has disappeared completely and is affecting all apple devices signed in with my Apple ID

I first noticed it on apple CarPlay but checked everything else and get the same All devices are up to date and the option was there yesterday but now gone I’ve tried using Siri as a test and doesn’t seem to do anything it’s a mystery

I’ve checked this with someone else and they have the option so don’t think it’s a service issue

any ideas what it could be or what to try?

Thanks

Martin

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 5:05 PM

4 replies

Feb 19, 2022 6:52 PM in response to iammbuk

iammbuk wrote:

Hello

Since yesterday they report an incident icon on apple maps has disappeared completely and is affecting all apple devices signed in with my Apple ID

I first noticed it on apple CarPlay but checked everything else and get the same All devices are up to date and the option was there yesterday but now gone I’ve tried using Siri as a test and doesn’t seem to do anything it’s a mystery

I’ve checked this with someone else and they have the option so don’t think it’s a service issue

any ideas what it could be or what to try?

Thanks
Martin

From the Help menu:

ref: If Maps isn't working on your Apple device - Apple Support

you can Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

Feb 20, 2022 7:53 AM in response to iammbuk

iammbuk wrote:
they report an incident icon on apple maps has disappeared completely...

Thanks but it’s report an incident like hazard, speed camera and accident which is no longer available

It makes sense that an ephemeral incident would be removed...(?)

Maybe try Waze for road hazards, speed camera, and current accidents...if your Maps.app does not measure up.

Waze is more a user driven/constant and dynamic updated for current traffic conditions.

Report an Incident - Apple Maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.