Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't get music on my itunes anymore

do i need to change something in the properties of an MP3 file to get it to go into my itunes? i have tried dragging and dropping it directly, using "add files" and even copying it into the itunes media folder (it goes to a "not added" folder

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 5:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 11:52 AM

Something has changed recently, that means that rips from YouTube can no longer be added to iTunes. No one is sure exactly what has changed, but since it's in YouTube's interest to prevent music being copied from YouTube, it's reasonable to assume that it is YouTube that has made the change.

The way around it is to buy the music from a legal source, thereby supporting the artist.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2022 11:52 AM in response to megswesterman

Something has changed recently, that means that rips from YouTube can no longer be added to iTunes. No one is sure exactly what has changed, but since it's in YouTube's interest to prevent music being copied from YouTube, it's reasonable to assume that it is YouTube that has made the change.

The way around it is to buy the music from a legal source, thereby supporting the artist.

can't get music on my itunes anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.