Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does contacts open to a contact when i close it in list view

After I have opened a contact and then go back to the alphabetical list and close contacts, then open contacts again, It goes back to the contact I had last viewed, not the alphabetical list when I closed it.

I have closed contacts by swiping up, and I also have turned off the phone. Contacts will still open to the last viewed contact. This behavior happens randomly. This has been going on through every iOS update, nothing has changed. The same thing happens in Messenger as well.

I have searched here and the web and have seen other people asking the same question with no results.

13 Pro Max iOS always updated

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 8:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 9:05 PM

Yes, I have occasionally experienced this issue as well. I have always been unable to reproduce this on demand, however, I know that the behavior that you mentioned does happen. I have already left product feedback for Apple and suggest that you do the same here 👉 Apple Product Feedback.

Axel F.

1 reply

Why does contacts open to a contact when i close it in list view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.