Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth car issues

Hello, the bluetooth does not connect automatically to the car and of I did it manually it gets dissconected. It never happended to Otter phones and I I tried to do set it up few times. Do you have any other solutions?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 10:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 10:27 PM

radu228 Said:

"Bluetooth car issues: Hello, the bluetooth does not connect automatically to the car and of I did it manually it gets dissconected. It never happended to Otter phones and I I tried to do set it up few times. Do you have any other solutions?"

-------

Troubleshooting CarPlay and iPhone:

What to Try:

A. Pair in Park:

Try unpairing the phone. Then, pair it back. Perform this while in while in park.

B. View the Owner's Manual:

See what the Owner's Manual of your car says when you read it.

C. Some Links:

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2022 10:27 PM in response to radu228

radu228 Said:

"Bluetooth car issues: Hello, the bluetooth does not connect automatically to the car and of I did it manually it gets dissconected. It never happended to Otter phones and I I tried to do set it up few times. Do you have any other solutions?"

-------

Troubleshooting CarPlay and iPhone:

What to Try:

A. Pair in Park:

Try unpairing the phone. Then, pair it back. Perform this while in while in park.

B. View the Owner's Manual:

See what the Owner's Manual of your car says when you read it.

C. Some Links:

Mar 6, 2022 12:35 PM in response to Moo_82

radu228 Said:

"Bluetooth car issues: […]No issues connecting to my car (Ford) until the most recent iOS[…]

———-

Report this to Apple:

Do Your Part: To get your word out to Apple on this, you need to provide Apple feedback.  Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed. These are user-to-user forums. Apple rarely reads these forums as it is on their own time. So, that is why it is important to leave feedback.

1. Go Here: Feedback - AirPods - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the “Feedback Type
  3. Comment: that you came across this issue after an update install, and inform them of how you have troubleshot this thus far. Include the URL to this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Mar 7, 2022 9:57 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

I was referring to the connected devices that show in BT. Both my phones are able to connect to my Mac but then connection drops after 30 secs. And, Airdrop can’t find either device. Opened ticket & Sr mac rep tried everything to fix these probs to no avail. Eventually said my mac is no longer supported so there’s nothing they can do & probs just happened to coincide w/my phone iOS updates. I was able to connect to my Mac & use airdrop fine until I installed iOS 15 on my phones. Others are having same airdrop prob & diff types of connectivity probs since updating to 15.

Mar 6, 2022 1:28 PM in response to Silverskates

The iPhone and the Mac are not designed to be paired via Bluetooth. While there are things you can do between the iPhone and the Mac with Bluetooth and wi-fi turned on, it does not require the two devices to be paired. They are not supposed to pair.

Please explain what exactly you are trying to do, since this is not connected to this thread, since you do not pair the two devices as you do an iPhone and a vehicle. Your issue is completely different.

Bluetooth car issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.