Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Pro Spatial Audio Grayed Out

I bought a pair of AirPods Pro and the spatial audio is grayed out on my iPhone XS. It works on my friend's iPhone XR but not on my phone. I updated my phone to the latest software and even the AirPods are updated according to apple tech support so what is the resolve for this?

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 12:09 AM

1 reply

Feb 20, 2022 6:25 PM in response to SakibIshmam

Hello SakibIshmam,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand that the option to select spatial audio is grayed out via Control Center on your iPhone XS with your AirPods Pro. We'll be happy to help.

Just to be sure, let's verify that your iPhone XS has the latest version of iOS 15.3.1 installed. If needed, you can find that information by going to Settings > General > About > Software Version.

If you're on the latest version of iOS 15.3.1, please answer the following questions:

1. Are you noticing that spatial audio is grayed out for a specific app? If so, which application is this occurring on?
  2. What is the firmware version for your AirPods Pro? To gather that information, you can go to Settings > Bluetooth > tap the "i" for your AirPods Pro > Version.

We look forward to hearing back from you with an update.

Best regards.

AirPods Pro Spatial Audio Grayed Out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.