Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disk Not Ejected Properly Multiple times after wake from sleep

In Monterey, on my Mac mini, when waking from a sleep, the finder shows that my connected Seagate (or Western Digital--I've tried both) USB drive was not ejected properly. Depending on the length of sleep, the message will appear multiple times. Anyone else having this issue?

Mac mini, macOS 12.1

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 9:27 AM

MrMarcMac wrote:

In Monterey, on my Mac mini, when waking from a sleep, the finder shows that my connected Seagate (or Western Digital--I've tried both) USB drive was not ejected properly. Depending on the length of sleep, the message will appear multiple times. Anyone else having this issue?

Seagate and Western Digital...

Try a different port, a different cable and compare your results...

Connect and use other storage devices with Mac - Apple ...

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2022 9:27 AM in response to MrMarcMac

MrMarcMac wrote:

Seagate and Western Digital...

Try a different port, a different cable and compare your results...

Connect and use other storage devices with Mac - Apple ...

Disk Not Ejected Properly Multiple times after wake from sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.