Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I delete old OS Install Applications on my MacAir? I am using MacOS Mojave. But Big Sur, Monterey, El Captain & Yosemite install applications are taking up 36GB of storgage

Can I delete old OS Install Applications on my MacAir without messing anything up? I'm running out of storage. I am using MacOS Mojave. But Big Sur, Monterey, El Captain & Yosemite install applications collectively are taking up 36GB of storage. Thx

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 10:55 AM

Hi,

Yes, you can safely delete all four of those. They are OS installers which you don't need unless you're going to upgrade to Big Sur or Monterey. If you delete them and decide to upgrade in the future, you can always download the one you want again.

2 replies

Can I delete old OS Install Applications on my MacAir? I am using MacOS Mojave. But Big Sur, Monterey, El Captain & Yosemite install applications are taking up 36GB of storgage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.