Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compass Issue on S7

I have a brand new series 7 watch with all settings configured correctly. On opening the compass app, I see Lat/Long and elevation but the directional function simply “sweeps” the face and doesn’t produce a reading, the red hand is fixed at noon and the grey at six. I can’t get an incline reading or, set a bearing.

Below the L/L reading, the text tells me that watch bands can affect the compass but I’m using the OEM band. Restarting the watch doesn’t help.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 1:26 AM

Go to your iPhone --> Settings --> Privacy --> Location Settings --> Compass. There you can change the setting to While Using the App. This will change your setting on your watch and the altitude and other coordinates should appear.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2022 1:26 AM in response to Therealhllkitty

Go to your iPhone --> Settings --> Privacy --> Location Settings --> Compass. There you can change the setting to While Using the App. This will change your setting on your watch and the altitude and other coordinates should appear.

Compass Issue on S7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.