Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound for calendar alerts

I don't receive sound notice when I receive a calendar alert. The banner displays, but no sound.

• "Play sound for notifications" is checked in notifications:

• "Play user interface sound effects" is chosen in Sound:

• Sound is ON on my Mac
  • I tried the suggestion to another user (about a year ago) to turn off "Play sound for notifications" and turn back in again. No change.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 5:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 3:31 AM

Some times a restarting in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

Does the issue present in this mode ?

Then restart in Normal Mode.

6 replies

Feb 21, 2022 11:32 AM in response to meristor

Hello there meristor,

Thanks for posting here on the Apple Support Communities! This is a place where other Apple users can submit questions or respond to others to help lend a hand. Let's take a closer look as we do our best to provide some additional insight.

We understand you're not getting any kind of audio alerts from your Mac's Calendar app. It looks like you've done a great job with those general settings there so far.

Next, have you set the individual events to send a Message with sound as well? More on that here: Set event alerts and receive notifications in Calendar on Mac under the "Set an alert for an event" section, be sure to Choose the Custom option so it will display a Message with Sound as well.

We hope this helps get you pointed in the right direction.

Take care.

Mar 4, 2022 2:05 PM in response to ryane77

This happened to me & my friend as well. The issue started around 2-3 weeks ago, and none of these settings seem to impact it. Pretty sure it's a bug.

Ryane - this is an issue for events that do have notifications set up. Most are imported from my google calendar, but even the other apple ones all have notifications show up, just no sound when they do.

No sound for calendar alerts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.