Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sent money through apple pay to wrong person

how do i get my money back if i sent it to the wrong person and they already accepted it. and they won’t send it back.

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 6:08 PM

There isn't an option to do that. See the following from Send and receive money with Apple Cash - Apple Support

If you don't see Cancel Payment, the person has already accepted the payment. Try asking the recipient to send the money back to you instead.

It can take 1-3 business days for the money to be refunded, depending on your bank or card issuer.

Apple Pay person to person payments are just like any other private transaction between two people, so only send and receive money with people you know. If you have questions or concerns about a transaction, please contact us.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2022 6:08 PM in response to allisonnmason

There isn't an option to do that. See the following from Send and receive money with Apple Cash - Apple Support

If you don't see Cancel Payment, the person has already accepted the payment. Try asking the recipient to send the money back to you instead.

It can take 1-3 business days for the money to be refunded, depending on your bank or card issuer.

Apple Pay person to person payments are just like any other private transaction between two people, so only send and receive money with people you know. If you have questions or concerns about a transaction, please contact us.

sent money through apple pay to wrong person

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.