Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to complete Touch ID enrollment

I recently had to wipe my MacBook Pro and trying to add my Touch ID however, I keep getting an error message that says 'unable to complete Touch ID enrollment. Please go back and try again.' When I place my finger on the Touch ID on the control bar, I keep getting the same error message. When I try to add a fingerprint, it says my fingerprint limit is reached but there aren't any fingerprints on the account. I scoured Apple community conversations to no avail. Is there someone out there who knows how to fix this?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 8:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 8:42 PM

Cali818 Said:

"unable to complete Touch ID enrollment: I recently had to wipe my MacBook Pro and trying to add my Touch ID however, I keep getting an error message that says 'unable to complete Touch ID enrollment.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Touch ID:

A. Clean your Finger:

Is your finger clean and dry? If not, clear it, rinse it with water, and the dry it up.

B. Still having Issues?

Go Here: If Touch ID isn't Working on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2022 8:42 PM in response to Cali818

Cali818 Said:

"unable to complete Touch ID enrollment: I recently had to wipe my MacBook Pro and trying to add my Touch ID however, I keep getting an error message that says 'unable to complete Touch ID enrollment.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Touch ID:

A. Clean your Finger:

Is your finger clean and dry? If not, clear it, rinse it with water, and the dry it up.

B. Still having Issues?

Go Here: If Touch ID isn't Working on your Mac - Apple Support

unable to complete Touch ID enrollment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.