Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Free 3month trial not accessible on tv

As part of purchase of new iPhone I have 3 months free Apple TV. I have signed up with my Apple ID on my Mac but when I go to the TV (Samsung) Apple TV is installed but when I access the app I am offered 7 days only and can't find way to access 3 months free. Any guidance on how to resolve this would be appreciated.

Apple TV

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 1:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 3:11 AM

Thank you for you response and guidance. I have solved the problem. When signing in with my Apple ID on the computer I had not realised that I needed to identify the TV that I want to use. I clicked on the Samsung link and the job was done.

For the future - Apple's usually clear guidance, could be improved with a note giving a 'step by step' procedure for the appliance qualifying for the Free period of use.

I trust this is helpful

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2022 3:11 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Thank you for you response and guidance. I have solved the problem. When signing in with my Apple ID on the computer I had not realised that I needed to identify the TV that I want to use. I clicked on the Samsung link and the job was done.

For the future - Apple's usually clear guidance, could be improved with a note giving a 'step by step' procedure for the appliance qualifying for the Free period of use.

I trust this is helpful

Free 3month trial not accessible on tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.