You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to add billing address with Irish postcode

When I try to add a billing id on the App Store on my MacBook, it won't accept my postcode. When I try to enter a postcode in the eircode format (i.e. "WW00X123") I'm given the following error message:

"postcode may be empty, or for Dublin, please enter a one-or-two-digit code, or a digit followed by a letter."

Of course I've tried various options, no postcode, a "one-or-two-digit code, or a digit followed by a letter", but in either case, I'm given an error message.

What's slightly irritating about this error message, it's that I've actually been experiencing the same error message for about four years now on different occasions. Using different postal addresses (I've moved house), different email addresses, but always the same error message.

I need to buy a new phone, and was thinking of getting an iPhone, but if I can't install apps, then that's a non-runner.

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 5:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 1:31 PM

Contact iTunes Support for assistance. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.   

iTunes Support – world wide   -

Apple Support schedule phone call     -

Billings and Subscriptions   -

1 reply

Unable to add billing address with Irish postcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.