Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

White Line Up and Down Screen.

My iPhone suddenly got a white line going up and down the screen vertically. My phone is in perfect condition and has never been dropped. I tried powering down and restarting my phone but the line won't disappear. The touch aspect of the screen is almost non existent. Is this a problem that can be fixed. My phone is relatively brand new I've only had it for about 9 months. Can anyone shed some light on how this problem can be resolved if there is one. . Thank you very much.

p.s i actually have an iPhone 12 Max Pro (don't know why it says iPhone X)

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 7:48 AM

Also, you need to be really careful about with your phone. OLED screens provides very good picture quality, but they're very fragile. The fact that you got a white line down the screen, and the touch doesn't work well too, in my opinion it sounds like the phone has been exposed to physical damage.

I work at a phone repair store, and we offer zero warranty for physical damage, period. You can go to an AASP and have them check it, but if they don't want to fix your problem under warranty, I wouldn't blame them.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2022 7:48 AM in response to jmosh14

Also, you need to be really careful about with your phone. OLED screens provides very good picture quality, but they're very fragile. The fact that you got a white line down the screen, and the touch doesn't work well too, in my opinion it sounds like the phone has been exposed to physical damage.

I work at a phone repair store, and we offer zero warranty for physical damage, period. You can go to an AASP and have them check it, but if they don't want to fix your problem under warranty, I wouldn't blame them.

Feb 21, 2022 7:53 AM in response to HAnilsen

I am very careful with my phone. The phone has not gone through any physical damage. It's actually in pristine condition. Not a scratch on it. I've read on other forums that its happened to this particular phone many times. I've also spoken to my carrier and they said it should be covered because the phone isn't even a year old.

White Line Up and Down Screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.