Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A horizontal black line on the iPhone 13 Pro Max screen

A black horizontal line has fallen horizontally at the bottom of my iPhone 13 Pro Max screen. It can't be seen in the screenshot. Could it be a bug?

I updated to 16.4 but the problem is still not solved and I'm sure I didn't press or hit the screen

please help

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 10:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 10:24 PM

Iman363 Said:

"A horizontal black line on the iPhone 13 Pro Max screen"

-------

Thank you for the photo.

Troubleshooting a Horizontal Line:

Your Screen is Failing:

It seems your screen is failing. So take this in for service, ASAP.

To Get this iPhone Serviced...

Contact Apple, and setup a Genius Bar Appointment or see an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) in your local area. Be careful as to where you get this item, ask you may get an error of an unofficial screen. So, to avoid this continual message, it is best to have Apple replace a screen.

Contact Apple:

Or...

Contact an AASP: 

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the iPhone.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2023 10:24 PM in response to Iman363

Iman363 Said:

"A horizontal black line on the iPhone 13 Pro Max screen"

-------

Thank you for the photo.

Troubleshooting a Horizontal Line:

Your Screen is Failing:

It seems your screen is failing. So take this in for service, ASAP.

To Get this iPhone Serviced...

Contact Apple, and setup a Genius Bar Appointment or see an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) in your local area. Be careful as to where you get this item, ask you may get an error of an unofficial screen. So, to avoid this continual message, it is best to have Apple replace a screen.

Contact Apple:

Or...

Contact an AASP: 

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the iPhone.

A horizontal black line on the iPhone 13 Pro Max screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.