Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Enter Passcode for Other iPhone endless loop

I have seen this question asked over and over with no solution. Out of the blue my personal iPhone wants me to login with my Apple ID, which I have done a million times. Only this time it prompts me for my regular pass code (ok...), but then asks for a 6 digit passcode on my "other iPhone". There is no such Other iPhone. If I click the Forgot iPhone Passcode link, it wants me to Reset Encrypted Data, which I do not want to do. This problem has been occurring for weeks.

I just set up my new work iPhone. I signed in fine, and it sent a notification to my personal phone. That phone is fine. The personal phone still wants the Other iPhone code which does not exist.

It would be helpful if someone from Apple could respond here with actual help and not post generic links. I've followed some of those and I cannot disable two factor authentication. I've tried all the links and none of them stop this endless loop.

iPhone 7

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 10:38 AM

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

If you want to, you can send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem or a suggestion for change. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem/suggested change solved sooner. Pick the closest topic you can find.

Click here to send Feedback   -

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2022 10:38 AM in response to ravens515

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

If you want to, you can send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem or a suggestion for change. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem/suggested change solved sooner. Pick the closest topic you can find.

Click here to send Feedback   -

Mar 7, 2022 11:36 AM in response to ravens515

You may have already resolved your issue, but if you haven't or someone else has this same issue I am responding with what I did to resolve this... I was told by someone at Best Buy that the "other passcode" must have been one on a former phone that I had set up in the past. I can say with 99% certainty that I never set up a six digit passcode in the past, but he assured me that if I back up my phone to the cloud, then click on Reset Encrypted Data, it would not be a problem with my current phone because it is referring to the old phone. So I did that and it did solve that issue with no apparent problems.

After talking to someone at Simply Mac, an Apple store, about the problem with my phone and watch not "communicating", I was told that the software updates on each weren't jiving. So I cleared out and "reset" my watch and started over. I didn't love doing that but I had only had the watch for a week so it was not too painful. It worked and all seems to be working together okay now.

Good luck to everyone else having similar issues.

Enter Passcode for Other iPhone endless loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.