Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac is on the OS for Catalina and won't upgrade to Monterey. I have attempted to have it look for updates but it just spins looking. I tried to force OS Monterey update and it looks like it is automatically downloaded but not installed.

My iMac is on the OS for Catalina and won't upgrade to Monterey. I have attempted to have it look for updates but it just spins looking. I tried to force OS Monterey update and it looks like it is automatically downloaded but not installed.

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 6:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 6:46 PM

Open your Applications folder and see if the macOS Monterey upgrade is there.

If it is, open and install it. If it will not install, move it to the trash and try again,

as per > How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support

Also what year model iMac do you have?

see > Identify your iMac model - Apple Support

3 replies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.