Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to deregister phone number from my apple id contact

Help me with degregistering phone number from my apple id

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 7:04 AM

Where is the SIM with the Old Number, If it is not with you or you have given it back to the Carrier Service Provider, Then don't bother about it? Then de-registeration is not required and also not possible.

If you have it with you and want to use it with an Android device then put the SIM on any Phone (Apple or Android) and follow the GIF

Insert the same SIM into an Android or an iPhone. You may deregister iMessage online

Watch the GIF below. Here I have used another iPhone for the demo but for you, it may your choice. Android or iPhone device.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2022 7:04 AM in response to Sam_1127

Where is the SIM with the Old Number, If it is not with you or you have given it back to the Carrier Service Provider, Then don't bother about it? Then de-registeration is not required and also not possible.

If you have it with you and want to use it with an Android device then put the SIM on any Phone (Apple or Android) and follow the GIF

Insert the same SIM into an Android or an iPhone. You may deregister iMessage online

Watch the GIF below. Here I have used another iPhone for the demo but for you, it may your choice. Android or iPhone device.

I want to deregister phone number from my apple id contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.