Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I deregister an old phone number from my account if I don’t have access to that number anymore.

Is it possible to deregister an old phone number from my account if I don’t have access to that number anymore?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 8:48 AM

I understand that you do not have the phone number anymore. Try the information listed in this guide published by Apple 👉 Add or remove a phone number in Messages or FaceTime.

Furthermore, if you have an active Apple ID associated with that old phone number, then you can open Settings ➡️ Apple ID (Your name at top) ➡️ Name, Phone Numbers, Email ➡️ Find the Phone Number: Here, tap on the Red Minus sign and remove that number.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2023 8:48 AM in response to Axel Foley

I understand that you do not have the phone number anymore. Try the information listed in this guide published by Apple 👉 Add or remove a phone number in Messages or FaceTime.

Furthermore, if you have an active Apple ID associated with that old phone number, then you can open Settings ➡️ Apple ID (Your name at top) ➡️ Name, Phone Numbers, Email ➡️ Find the Phone Number: Here, tap on the Red Minus sign and remove that number.

Axel F.

Jan 28, 2023 8:40 AM in response to aurelia72

Deregister iMessage online

If you don't have access to your iPhone, you can 👉 deregister iMessage online. After you complete deregistration, your phone number is removed from iMessage services. You should be able to receive text messages right away but it might take a few hours for some Apple devices to recognize that you're not using iMessage when they send you a message.

If someone sends an iMessage to your Apple ID, you'll get it on your other Apple devices. If someone sends a text to your phone number, you'll get the message as an SMS/MMS only on your phone.

Axel F.

How can I deregister an old phone number from my account if I don’t have access to that number anymore.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.