Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to deregister my old phone number when I don’t have the phone?

How do I deregister my old phone number when I don’t have the phone any more?

iPhone 14 Plus

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 10:28 AM

Follow the steps in the section titled "Deregister iMessage Online" in the support document you posted from, or click here ➡️ deregister iMessage online

Deregister iMessage online
If you don't have access to your iPhone, you can deregister iMessage online. After you complete deregistration, your phone number is removed from iMessage services. You should be able to receive text messages right away but it might take a few hours for some Apple devices to recognize that you're not using iMessage when they send you a message.
If someone sends an iMessage to your Apple ID, you'll get it on your other Apple devices. If someone sends a text to your phone number, you'll get the message as an SMS/MMS only on your phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2023 10:28 AM in response to Jeanneahad

Follow the steps in the section titled "Deregister iMessage Online" in the support document you posted from, or click here ➡️ deregister iMessage online

Deregister iMessage online
If you don't have access to your iPhone, you can deregister iMessage online. After you complete deregistration, your phone number is removed from iMessage services. You should be able to receive text messages right away but it might take a few hours for some Apple devices to recognize that you're not using iMessage when they send you a message.
If someone sends an iMessage to your Apple ID, you'll get it on your other Apple devices. If someone sends a text to your phone number, you'll get the message as an SMS/MMS only on your phone.

How to deregister my old phone number when I don’t have the phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.