Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Webcam not detected

Webcam failure on 16-inch MacBook Pro

I bought a 16-inch MacBook Pro($4,900) in Nov 2020 which is below configuration.

PROCESSOR 065-C87D 2.4GHz 8-core Intel Core i9

GRAPHICS 065-C944 Radeon Pro 5600M with 8GB HBM2

MEMORY 065-C87L 64GB 2666MHz DDR4 memory

HARD DRIVE/SOLID STATE DRIVE 065-C87N 1TB SSD

I never used a webcam since I bought it. Unfortunately, a week back by wrongly opened the Photo Booth app and, that time only I realized my webcam is not working. I tried to reset everything and finally checked with the apple store.

Note: 4 months back, the speaker was not working and they have changed the case battery, Logic board, Touch ID Board. Might be because of this also webcam stopped working. who knows

But unfortunately, I crossed the limited warranty period. Now apple asking me to pay $899 to fix this.

The question is if anything broken or memory/motherboard failure, that might be fine to accept to pay. But webcam failure is unacceptable however I never used it before with this Macbook.

Don't know what to do now. Look like $4,900 is a waste of money now. Please suggest how to solve this webcam issue except for the external webcam.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 1:48 PM

iamsanthosh wrote:

I bought a 16-inch MacBook Pro($4,900) in Nov 2020 which is below configuration.

I never used a webcam since I bought it. Unfortunately, a week back by wrongly opened the Photo Booth app and, that time only I realized my webcam is not working. I tried to reset everything and finally checked with the apple store.

Note: 4 months back, the speaker was not working and they have changed the case battery, Logic board, Touch ID Board. Might be because of this also webcam stopped working. who knows

But unfortunately, I crossed the limited warranty period. Now apple asking me to pay $899 to fix this.

The question is if anything broken or memory/motherboard failure, that might be fine to accept to pay. But webcam failure is unacceptable however I never used it before with this Macbook.

Don't know what to do now. Look like $4,900 is a waste of money now. Please suggest how to solve this webcam issue except for the external webcam.

You have a limited 1 yr warranty on all hardware.

If you have Apple Care+ that extends the warranty for another 2 years.

If you have AppleCare+

AppleCare Products - Mac - Apple

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"— or see software help

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

https://locate.apple.com/country

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

you can submit your Apple Feedback Product Feedback - Apple

Contact the corporate office Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2022 1:48 PM in response to iamsanthosh

iamsanthosh wrote:

You have a limited 1 yr warranty on all hardware.

If you have Apple Care+ that extends the warranty for another 2 years.

If you have AppleCare+

AppleCare Products - Mac - Apple

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"— or see software help

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

https://locate.apple.com/country

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

you can submit your Apple Feedback Product Feedback - Apple

Contact the corporate office Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple

Webcam not detected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.