Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime 12.2.1 update

Hello,

I am a piano teacher and I use FaceTime as part of my online teaching options. With the new update macOS Monterey 12.2.1 FaceTime added some useful things such as highlight a participant or enable screen sharing. However, now FaceTime is always popping out infant of the screen which disables some options like use any other application while FaceTiming someone. This becomes really annoying if you want to check something on internet while you are in a call because you simple cannot do it. In other words, you cannot minimize FaceTime screen or having it on the background. I think this is a core defect in the new update.

I am happy with the new options even when I will barely use them because I already have a camera switcher and 3rd party software and hardware for my lessons. The best feature I think is a quick button to change your mic and camera. Please, enable minimizing the screen, have full screen mode, and being able to use other apps while FaceTiming. It became really annoying after just few online lessons today.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 12:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 3:41 PM

Apple does not read these forums for suggestion. To make a suggestion to Apple see:

FaceTime

1 reply

FaceTime 12.2.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.