Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So I bought iPhone storage but it’s still full

So I brought storage for my iCloud but my iPhone storage is still full ?? Please help

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 12:37 PM

iCloud storage can only help in a limited way with a shortage of storage on an iPhone. See the information in What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support including the following:

Free up space on your device

Using the steps above, you might see a list of recommendations for optimizing your device storage, followed by a list of installed apps and the amount of storage each one uses. Tap an app's name for more information about its storage. If you don't see any recommendations, try these steps:

• If you use iCloud Photos and turn on Optimize Storage, you can lower the amount of storage that your photos use on your device. 
  • You can remove content from your apps like photos, music, and podcasts. 
  • You can delete apps that you're no longer using.

Learn more about how to optimize the storage on your iOS or iPadOS device.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2022 12:37 PM in response to jenelle165

iCloud storage can only help in a limited way with a shortage of storage on an iPhone. See the information in What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support including the following:

Free up space on your device

Using the steps above, you might see a list of recommendations for optimizing your device storage, followed by a list of installed apps and the amount of storage each one uses. Tap an app's name for more information about its storage. If you don't see any recommendations, try these steps:

• If you use iCloud Photos and turn on Optimize Storage, you can lower the amount of storage that your photos use on your device. 
  • You can remove content from your apps like photos, music, and podcasts. 
  • You can delete apps that you're no longer using.

Learn more about how to optimize the storage on your iOS or iPadOS device.

Feb 22, 2022 12:40 PM in response to jenelle165

After you have read the link in blue above your name on this page, you will realize that you have bought space in Apple's synching service iCloud. You cannot buy more storage space as the phone will always have the amount of storage space it came with. the only way to gain space is to delete photos, messages, apps, etc.. Be sure to save important photos and data to your comuter or an external drive. this video may help...

So I bought iPhone storage but it’s still full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.