Related Article: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IF SOMEONE GIVES ME THERE OLD IPAD BUT THEY CANNOT REMEMBER THERE PASSWORD,THEY ALREADY FACTORY RESET IT .

IF SOMEONE GIVES ME THERE OLD IPAD BUT THEY CANNOT REMEMBER THERE PASSWORD,THEY ALREADY FACTORY RESET IT . CAN I GET TO USE IT

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 2:02 PM

Depends on what password / passcode you are referring to.

If they factory reset it, then the screen unlock passcode would have been removed during the reset.

If they forgot their Apple ID password and the iPad is still tied to it, then you won't be able to use it. They would need to recover or reset their Apple ID password and enter it at the Activation Lock Screen during setup of the iPad.

See here: link-> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

and here: link-> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If they cannot or will not do this, then you won't be able to use it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2022 2:02 PM in response to PETEROSE13

Depends on what password / passcode you are referring to.

If they factory reset it, then the screen unlock passcode would have been removed during the reset.

If they forgot their Apple ID password and the iPad is still tied to it, then you won't be able to use it. They would need to recover or reset their Apple ID password and enter it at the Activation Lock Screen during setup of the iPad.

See here: link-> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

and here: link-> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If they cannot or will not do this, then you won't be able to use it.

IF SOMEONE GIVES ME THERE OLD IPAD BUT THEY CANNOT REMEMBER THERE PASSWORD,THEY ALREADY FACTORY RESET IT .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.