Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot login to the App Store on my MAC but I am using the right ID and passwords?

I recently got my MacBook Air reset and in doing so it logged me out of everything. I have an early 2014 MacBook Air. I can login Apple online and I did login to iCloud from my system preferences but when I try to login to the App Store it says my credentials are wrong and they are not. I have double and triple checked, reset my password, restarted my Mac and logged into my account on other apple products. It's only not letting me login to the App Store on my Mac...

I need to download Catalina to download my photography editing systems for my business. So I have to be able to log in and download the update. This is driving me utterly insane.

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 7:36 PM

If you can't open the App Store or iTunes Store, buy content, or edit payment information - Apple Support offers suggestions for events such as:

• If you have trouble buying items in the App Store or iTunes Store

I recently got my MacBook Air reset ...

That may be a clue. Can you explain what was accomplished, in as much detail as you are able to provide or recall?

Although it won't resolve the App Store problem, you ought to be able to download and install Catalina by using Safari. How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support:

• macOS Catalina can upgrade Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks

See if you can do that.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2022 7:36 PM in response to RFCreative

If you can't open the App Store or iTunes Store, buy content, or edit payment information - Apple Support offers suggestions for events such as:

• If you have trouble buying items in the App Store or iTunes Store

I recently got my MacBook Air reset ...

That may be a clue. Can you explain what was accomplished, in as much detail as you are able to provide or recall?

Although it won't resolve the App Store problem, you ought to be able to download and install Catalina by using Safari. How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support:

• macOS Catalina can upgrade Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks

See if you can do that.

Feb 23, 2022 4:59 AM in response to RFCreative

I understand you had the Mac completely erased. What was the reason for that?

If it had not been working well, perhaps it's still not working well for the same reason. In other words whatever original problem existed was never addressed.

Please determine if the same problems occur in "Safe Mode": How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support. Then, restart your Mac normally and determine if the problems remain.

I cannot login to the App Store on my MAC but I am using the right ID and passwords?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.